Packages & tests available
(Price on request)
Contact the Beats for more information.
Come with 3 or more friends or family members and challenge each other towards a healthier lifestyle or weight.
The focus will be on university and food stores in and around the area where the student will be staying. This includes food budgeting, preparing healthy food in a microwave, prevent weight gain at university or college, healthy take-away options in the area, student friendly recipes and shopping lists. (1 hour)
Healthy food preparation for kids, healthy recipes, how to read food labels, healthy lunchboxes for the family, healthier take-away or restaurant options, cupboard cleaning, and a shopping spree with your dietician. (1 hour)
Information on milk formula options if needed, childhood food allergies, fussy eaters, the introduction of solids, and constipation in children, reflux, optimal growth and weight monitoring, optimising breastfeeding. (1 hour)
Advice on a diet during lactation, common difficulties during lactation and how to treat or prevent them, vitamin and mineral deficiencies for breastfeeding mothers. (1 Hour)
Health talks on various topics such as healthy eating at work, packing healthy lunchboxes for work, food preparation and time management, advice on local healthy take-away food options, food budgeting (both group talks & individual consultations available).
Discussion of diet history, goal setting for your food type, amounts and weight, points submitted on discovery website. (30 minutes)
Discussion & information booklet on diseases & conditions and the dietary treatment thereof - e.g. Diabetes, Cholesterol, Hypertension, IBS, Allergy, Constipation, Cancer, Gout, Ulcer, Reflux, Renal and Liver diseases.(1 Hour)
Analyses of body composition with Inbody120 Scale, diet history and discussion of problem areas and alternatives, comprehensive information booklet, advice for goal setting, detox plan, personalised meal plan with recipes and supplementation advice if needed. (1 Hour)
Assessment of body weight; total body water, body fat mass, skeletal muscle mass, lean muscle mass, BMR, BMI, WHR, Visceral fat.http://www.e-inbody.com/images/product/inbody120/Global_120_result.jpg (30 minutes)
(Price on request)
Analysis of menu items for restaurants & labelling of meals in menu as diabetic friendly/ banting friendly/ calorie controlled meal etc.
Points of discussion:
- Individual pre-pregnancy body mass index (BMI) calculation. Advice on recommended weight gain in every trimester, calculated according to individuals pre-pregnancy BMI. Provide mothers who struggle with weight gain on appropriate supplemental shakes, supplements and dietary adjustments.
- Increased needs for protein, micro- and macronutrients and food sources thereof. Advice on supplementation and timing of medication
- Foods to avoid during pregnancy and alternatives
- Common side effects during pregnancy and nutritional tips on how to alleviate these symptoms. Examples of common side effects under discussion include: nausea and vomiting, taste/ smell aversions, heartburn and constipation
- Latching positions
- The importance and benefits of breastfeeding
- Advice on different formula milk (only if the mother will be unable to breastfeed)
- Information & advice on feeding regime (breastfeeding practices and timing of solid introduction) in high-risk allergy infants.
Points of discussion:
- The responsibilities of a parent and the duties of your child
- The recommended intake of formula milk and other cow milk products
- Comparing different breakfast cereals- which one is the best for your child?
- Fluid/ water/ juice intake recommendations
- Recommended meal times and portion sizes for toddlers
- Example meal plan for toddlers
- Creative food ideas for kids and lunchboxes
- What to do if your child is not gaining weight well
- Guidelines on how to treat and prevent constipation in toddlers
- Food that you should NOT offer for toddlers
- Does my child need vitamin supplementation?
- Recipes for young kids
Request an online consult via email with your specific requirements for us to send you a quote. If you approve, we will start your consult via email/ skype/ telephonic consultation. (price according to individual needs)
A very low-calorie diet for rapid weight loss in overweight or obese individuals.(price according to individual needs)
A diet and meal plan for gastrointestinal health including those with Inflammatory Bowel Syndrome (Crohn's disease and Ulcerative colitis)
(price according to individual needs)
Lorisian Food intolerance testing
Who is Lorisian?
Lorisian specialises in offering laboratory tests that measure food intolerances.
Lorisian was set up in 1982. One of their big breakthroughs in 1998 was the ELISA test kit to identify the presence of the HIV virus, still used today. Their food-specific IgG method has had more papers published about its performance than other food food-specific IgG tests on the market. Lorisian Laboratory uses consistent and controlled manufacturing processes and operating procedures. They are Europe's leading provider of food and drink intolerance tests and have more than 30 years of experience.
Who can take the test?
Anyone expecting a food INTOLERANCE, please note, you CAN NOT take this test to identify a food ALLERGY. See the difference between these two conditions here: http://www.lorisian.com/food-intolerance-explained/
You should not take the test if:
- Suffering from blood-borne diseases such as Hepatitis or HIV
- Under the age of 2
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- Taking steroids or immunosuppressant's
This test can identify an unwanted reaction to over 150 food ingredients.
This test can identify an unwanted reaction to over 150 food ingredients with the option of requesting a specialised list of low FODMAPS foods for those with IBS.
What can I expect from the test?
A small fingerpick, nothing more painful than a bee sting. Your blood sample will be sent, analysed and results will be available within the latest 1 week
For more information visit their website: