Nutrition Related Diseases
IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME (IBS)
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) affects 1 in 5 people. Struggling with IBS can severely impact quality of life, mood, health and fertility.
Beat dieticians are trained on the EatFit programme to provide specialised treatment for patients struggling with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Most patients experience symptom relief within 4-6 weeks.
We provide advice on:
- How to address intolerances that cause flares in IBS
- Nutritional adequacy, something that can be tricky when the fear of pain results in the fear for certain foods which eventually results in an extremely limited diet if treated without the guidance of a trained dietician
- FODMAPS for IBS (fermentable oligo-, di-, monosaccharides and polyols) elimination diet (4-6 weeks)
- Reintroduction phase (10 weeks)
- Modified low FODMAP diet, meal plans, recipes
- Probiotics for IBS
- Meal plans, recipes, product recommendations to relieve Irritable Bowel Syndrome