Nutrition Related Diseases
Fibromyalgia (FM) is a complex chronic condition of unknown aetiology, characterized by deep and widespread pain, sleep problems, cognitive impairment, fatigue, and other well-known functional symptoms.
It is possible that you might experience significant relief if you adjust your diet.
10 Dietary tips for fybromyalgia:
- Record a food diary to identify the foods that you are sensitive to
- Choose more whole grains and limit refined carbohydrates
- Enquire from your doctor or dietician regarding supplementation
- Follow a gluten-free/reduced gluten diet
- Limit excess dairy intake
- Increase your Omega 3 intake (consider supplementation)
- Ensure adequate intake of antioxidants
- Limit the intake of sugar
- Reduce intake of red meat
- Ensure that you have optimal vitamin D levels (can be detected by a blood test)