Nutrition Related Diseases
DIARRHOEA AND VOMITING
Diarrhoea and vomiting can be debilitating and should be carefully managed to avoid dehydration.
DIETARY ADVICE FOR DIARRHOEA AND VOMITING
- Oral rehydration therapy to avoid dehydration
Ensure that the solution also contains electrolytes and aren’t high in sugar, which can lead to further osmotic diarrhoea.
- Consider the use of a probiotic
- Increase your intake of soluble fibre (e.g. oats) and decrease insoluble fibre intake (skin of fruits and vegetables, all bran flakes etc.)
- Eat dry toast, biscuits or crackers
- Eat small regular meals & snacks
- Avoid offensive odours
- Ginger products might alleviate nausea
- Avoid fluids with meals